Congratulations to our Future Leaders!
As the Spring 2020 semester comes to a close, Discover Life Church would like to acknowledge all of our future leaders. Below are just a few of our extraordinary students. We pray that the Lord continues to lead and guide each one to much success!
- Extracurricular Activities: Gospel Choir, Performing Arts, Chick-fil-A (P/T)
- Favorite Subjects: Drama and Economics
Future Path: Kennesaw State University | Media/Entertainment/Film
Favorite Scripture: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
Advice: Don’t let the opinion of others define you. The only opinion that matters is God’s.
Kiérra Shanay Lavender Farley
- North Springs Charter School
- Dual Enrollment: Gwinnett Technical College
- School Clubs: Student Ambassador, Varsity Cheer Captain – 3 years, Black Student Association, CBI Mentor, All American Cheerleader – 3 years, Dual Magnet Student and Mentor, National Society of High School Scholars
- Extracurricular Activities: Debutante 4 Christ and WAGOH
- Favorite Subject: Anatomy
Future Path: Tuskegee University | Major – Animal Science
Favorite Scripture: “The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.” – Psalm 23:1-6
Advice: Take advantage of all of the opportunities afforded to you. It is a blessing to have help along your path so that one day you too can help others.
Victoria Jewell Hooper
- School Clubs: Garden Club and Duke Dancers
- Extracurricular Activity: Ulta (P/T)
- Favorite Subject: Photography
Future Path: Northern Arizona University | Journalism
Favorite Scripture: “But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them–yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.” – 1 Corinthians 15:10
Advice: Focus on the future and don’t lose yourself or change for anyone.
Kira Brianna Kirkland
- School Club: Family Career Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
- Extracurricular Activities: Member of the Elite Women of Excellence Organization where she recently completed the Senior Elite Program. In addition to an event server at an award-winning catering company.
- Favorite Subject: Psychology
Future Path: Nine months of mission work with the World Race traveling to four different countries.
Favorite Scripture: “Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.” – Philippians 2:3
Advice: Every day is a new day for a fresh start. Therefore, keep striving and pushing towards your dreams. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
Rising 9th Graders
Peachtree Ridge High School
Building LEGOs, Music, Games
Georgia Cyber Academy
Reading, Drawing, Competitive Cheer, Track
Peachtree Ridge High School
Volley Ball & Drawing
Forsyth Central High School
Rising 6th Graders
Kenneth Braswell (KJ)
Black Belt in Karate, Basketball
Sandy Springs Middle School
Rodney Pierre III (RJ)
Basketball & Baseball
Greater Atlanta Christian
Flag Football, Baseball, & Tik Tock
Otwell Middle School